Sunday, March 27, 2011

Camera Shopping

I've always carried my camera in my purse.  When something interesting happens, I whip it out and snap my shot.  A couple of weeks ago on my way to work, I saw a wild turkey guarding the door of a car.  Since the sight struck me as unusual and funny, I grabbed my camera and started lining up my shot.  It wouldn't work.  The batteries were fresh.  The dials weren't on any weird settings.  The lens opened.  The button you mash to take the picture wouldn't do its job.

I'm thinking that floating around in the bottom of my purse for a couple of years, intermingling with gum wrappers, loose change, hotwheels and renegade lipsticks might not have bee the best thing for my digital Nikon.

So, before I run away from home, I need to have a good camera.  I would love one that has a zoom lens so I can get a shot of the turkey from my car window but look like I'm standing right next to it.  I don't mind getting closer for the shot, but if I'm running away from an attacking turkey, I'll only have panick shots!

Instead of having to charge the camera, I want it to operate on double A batteries.  I already have so many chargers, my bread box looks like somebody dumped a wirey bowl of spaghetti in there.  Of course, it has to have a lot of space on the chip.  I love to take photos of things that make me smile! 

Like this...

I get behind this car several times a week on my way to work.  It never fails to make me smile.  I don't know why, it just does!

The main thing I need in a new camera, it has to be idiot proof!  If I have to flip three buttons and twist knobs to switch from video to photo, it's too hard. 

Let's recap: 
  • Sturdy enough to travel in the bottom of my pocket book
  • AA battery charged
  • Zoom Lens
  • Huge memory chip
  • Idiot proof
  • Under $500
That's not asking too much, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment